WN026

How About Some Sun Country?

My beloved Pimgee 737 has returned in glorious fashion into P3Dv4 so I thought I'd give it a test spin (and see if I remembered how to start the damn thing). Flight SCX243 from MSP to JFK. I installed New York City along with FSDT to see how it looked and performed. The upside is it performed pretty well, the downside is it was a whiteout and I couldn't see squat!

Here's a few from the trip.

Lined up at the lovely FlightBeam scenery.

2GYDfYc.jpg

AI starting to come along. Forgot how time consuming that really is...

JUgQemU.jpg

9tIt6U3.jpg

Up, up, and away!

y2I6PqF.jpg

Nice day in MSP.

4DPSZTw.jpg

1naJHtg.jpg

Obligatory cruise shot at FL350.

qIrII3n.jpg

490sF9E.jpg

Descending into NYC.

G19xbJc.jpg

Complete cover.

Rvzu9PP.jpg

At 2000 feet and can't see a damn thing.

5Wq5qdu.jpg

Safely down, though I did have to rely on autoland for the first time in a very long time.

tcnXxAk.jpg

Welcome to JFK.

w9G1blB.jpg

JvjRhTN.jpg

Wonderful Aaron!

New York City X and FSDT together perform very well indeed!

Wonderful ! Thank you for sharing !

Is that an Etihad A380 at JFK? I thought they only used them for the SYD-AUH-LHR runs?

Lovely shots Aaron! Those cruise shots look very impressive, and the sceneries on both ends are nice too!

Thanks much gents!

Is that an Etihad A380 at JFK? I thought they only used them for the SYD-AUH-LHR runs?

Lovely shots Aaron! Those cruise shots look very impressive, and the sceneries on both ends are nice too!

It is yes. JFK appears to be in the flight plans from Winter 16-17.

Great shots. What's your AI setup?

Thank you. It's plans from AIG coupled with models from the usual suspects in FAIB, AIA, TFS, etc.

Gorgeous set Aaron. :thumbsup:

Thank you. It's plans from AIG coupled with models from the usual suspects in FAIB, AIA, TFS, etc.

Nice shots Aaron, I see you have some Delta and American installed, have you had much success with converting some of the models to FSX/P3D, such as the TFS A330s, CRJ200, MD8X series?

Nice shots Aaron, I see you have some Delta and American installed, have you had much success with converting some of the models to FSX/P3D, such as the TFS A330s, CRJ200, MD8X series?

Honestly I haven't even tried. I know that the whole line of jumbo Airbuses are on the current list for AIG to convert so I'm waiting for them. In the meantime I compile the traffic with missing models and then store them in a folder for later when they come out. The A330's are probably the most glaring omission in my AI at the moment.

Very nice shots Aaron. The PMDG is my main airplane right now in P3D. Spent too much money already in July so have to wait a little bit before sending a few more in my hangar. 777 & 747 will already eat much of my FS money in the coming months.

Honestly I haven't even tried. I know that the whole line of jumbo Airbuses are on the current list for AIG to convert so I'm waiting for them. In the meantime I compile the traffic with missing models and then store them in a folder for later when they come out. The A330's are probably the most glaring omission in my AI at the moment.

Rebuilding my AI traffic from scratch in P3Dv4. AIFP is a great help and make the installing of flight plans and repaints easy. It is much more work with the converted FS9 models like the TFS 777 as you need to replace the lightmap and add the alpha channel in the main texture... for each repaint...

Just like you, the A330 is the real bottleneck as it prevent me to install many airlines. Don't know what to do... wait for the converted TFS A330 (which will have limitations like all converted Ai plane) or invest 15 euros in the FSP A330. I wonder where the painter wind is going to blow... will they still paint for the TFS or mainly focus on the FSP model?

I've thought about that as well. The upside with the TFS model is that once converted you have the benefit of all the existing paints. With the FSP model it's likely better, but I don't know just how many paints are available for them yet.