WN026

LFPG Takeoff

Hey folks,

I've been playing around with dynamic lighting a bit and thought I'd take a short video of my takeoff from Paris today. Pretty impressive if LM can get it a bit more optimized.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

--clicky the picky--

x7EVKeV.jpg

Yup looks great. Cuts my FPS in half, not good.

Yes, it looks nice, sometimes perhaps a little bit exaggerated, I mean being too much light reflected from the buildings (perhaps due to HDR).

On my system I manage to have 30-40fps usually on ground (I locked with 30Hz at 30fps), with DL but 4xMSAA or 8xMSAA. More not possible easily.. even my 1080TI FTW3 starts to scream and stay at 100%...

Yup, I have decided to ditch DL until they got it more optimized. I just can't be bothered flying a slideshow.

Cool video. Also watched your Kai Take Queen video again.

Yeah DL would be a great feature but still needs to be optimized.

I noticed that cloud shadow at night is a FPS killer too when combined with DL. I tested NGX with Orbx ESSA on cloudy night.

2x SSAA, Internal and external vehicle shadow on, simobjects shadow on (cast and receive). Without cloud shadow 30 FPS, with cloud is 15 FPS

I noticed that cloud shadow at night is a FPS killer too when combined with DL. I tested NGX with Orbx ESSA on cloudy night.

2x SSAA, Internal and external vehicle shadow on, simobjects shadow on (cast and receive). Without cloud shadow 30 FPS, with cloud is 15 FPS

Interesting find...

Interesting find...

Give it a try. I usually turn off my cloud shadow at night. I can't see it anyway.

Looks great! Getting closer to reality...

Yup looks great. Cuts my FPS in half, not good.

It does for me as well particularly when using high AA settings. I have Simstarter customize my settings for night flying though so that it enables DL, sets AA to 4xMSAA, turns shadow settings down, etc. It becomes manageable then, but no argument that has to be improved.

Yes, it looks nice, sometimes perhaps a little bit exaggerated, I mean being too much light reflected from the buildings (perhaps due to HDR).

On my system I manage to have 30-40fps usually on ground (I locked with 30Hz at 30fps), with DL but 4xMSAA or 8xMSAA. More not possible easily.. even my 1080TI FTW3 starts to scream and stay at 100%...

I did notice some brightness issues as well, but not just with DL. Some sceneries, KIAH from FSDT for example, are really bright night lighting as well. As you say, some of that is probably HDR. That said, watching apron lighting move across the cockpit while taxiing was very satisfying.

Cool video. Also watched your Kai Take Queen video again.

Yeah DL would be a great feature but still needs to be optimized.

Thanks Chris. I just left Asia (virtually) and already wishing I had made one more stop through Kai Tak.

I use Simstarter to adjust that as well, though I think I just turn down the quality instead of disabling. Perhaps I'll try that.