FR287

Aviaco MD-88 landing in LEVX Vigo. XP11

I waited a very, very long time to be able to paint this livery. My passion for flying comes from flying on the Aviaco MD-88 relatively often when I was very little. I never even tried to paint it on any of the maddogs or DC-9's I have owned for any of the simulators, simply because of the chrome. I could never get a half decent job of it done. XP-11 uses dynamic reflections which are relatively easy to play with when you paint a livery, so when I finished the Spanair Star Alliance, I started work on this. There may be better renditions of chrome out there for XP11, but I am really really happy with this, so happy in fact, that I may give American Airlines (oc) a try. 

I wasn't going to post anything here about this livery, quite simply because I doubt anybody actually knew this airline. It got absorved by Iberia in the 90's and lost the livery, EC-FOG wore the Iberia livery afterwards until it was retired from service and put in storage in Madrid in 2008.

Having said that, I took a few pics on this fictional non FTG flight for some reason, and started filming the landing because the new system parts I got, seem to be quite good at it, and nVidia Shadowplay barely impacts on the FPS when recording, (But you DO feel it) and something interesting happened on very short final that only happens in Xplane. Also, Vigo is a beautiful place to fly to/from. 

First the pics. Addons used... XP11, Symaxx PRO V4.6 for clouds and sky colours, Real Weather connector for winds and weather depiction, Rotate MD-80, Valencia LEVC scenery. THat's payware. Vigo Airport and the VFR scenery in Valencia and Vigo, plus the mesh, free.

Let me know what you guys think of the repaint, which is available at the org forum if anyone actually wants it.

AYC_1.jpg?raw=1

AYC_2.jpg?raw=1

AYC_3.jpg?raw=1

AYC_4.jpg?raw=1

AYC_5.jpg?raw=1

nd here is the landing on video. Very sloppy, still getting the hang of flying the maddog, wouldn't have uploaded to youtube had it not been for the ending.

Fantastic mate. I did fly on Aviaco once, think we booked with Iberia but they hadn’t got round to repainting the fleet yet. Luckily we did have any bird issues! Nice shots

This livery brings me back to the late-90s AvionRevue magazine, the Iberic edition which came to Argentina every week. It was truly fantastic, lots of quality articles like the late Interavia.

Great work Javi!

EDIT: Vigo with the awful bird control, aye?

Magnificient ! Thank you for flying the Maddog !

That video was damn impressive, is that an Xplane integrated feature ? Always like those sloppy runways too.

40 minutes ago, AF065 said:

Magnificient ! Thank you for flying the Maddog !

That video was damn impressive, is that an Xplane integrated feature ? Always like those sloppy runways too.

Yes, it’s a default Xplane feature and Laminar Research has annoyed a lot of people, because you can’t turn it off by default any more in xp11. You can’t decide any more what you want to see indviidually such as animals, buildings, roads or traffic. They have just one slider for all 3D scenery objects. You can use hacks created by others to individually configure each thing, but it’s a hit and miss, having said that, I forgot about the birds... I will look later to see if I can hack and turn it off.

Thanx guys for the comments. By he way, another problem with xPlane, no seasonal textures, so no white ground on the floor if it snows like it’s doing in the UK at the moment.